Lake Forest Park Presbyterian Church
DEACONS SCHOLARSHIP FUND
Guide for Applicants
Dear Scholarship Applicant:
Applications for the Deacons' Scholarship Award are for the coming school year, starting after the current spring semester. Applications from church members and those who attend LFPPC regularly, or who did attend while living in the area before going off to school will be the only ones considered. Statements of personal faith, future goals, academic records, and financial need will be considered when selecting scholarship recipients.
The deadline for applications is April 30th.
Individual interviews will be held mid-to late-May. You will be contacted by a committee member to arrange your day and time. The awards will be presented as part of a worship service held in early June (Senior Sunday).
Applications will be considered only if the following criteria are met:
- Applications must be filled out and submitted online.
- Transcripts must be mailed/hand delivered to the church office, emailed to , or submitted online with the application.
We do not require a sealed transcript, but we do require an
official transcript. Please do not print out an online transcript
meant for student viewing. Ask your school office for an official
transcript copy as soon as possible.
- Applications and transcripts must be received in the church office no later than April 30th.
- The accuracy and thoughtfulness on the applications will be seriously considered and evaluated.
- Applicants should be on time and professionally dressed for personal interviews with committee members.
- Applicants are expected to attend the awards ceremony for the presentation of scholarships (typically on Senior Sunday in early June).
The Deacons Scholarship Committee
The award checks will be sent directly to the institution requested.
The money from this award is to be used toward the cost of college tuition, fees,
and books. The Deacons would appreciate knowing how your school year went. The recipients are encouraged to write an update on their progress by the following June.